For the love of oceans, let’s act now
While many of our New Year’s resolutions may not last, our imprint on the ocean will. Here are a few ways you can reduce your impact on the ocean and ultimately, on the planet itself.
The registration procedure has been completed. From now we will keep you updated with all Friends of Glass activities and achievements.
Click on one of the icons to join us:
We've sent an email to your address. Please confirm this subscription by clicking on the link in the e-mail. Only one more step to go!
Please check out your e-mail account if you already received a confirm mail for subscribing Friends of Glass.
Let us think about how this fits into the European economy. Glass is recycled and produced locally by manufacturing plants rooted in local communities which means that it is able to provide some 125,000 local and diversified job opportunities throughout Europe.
In other words, partaking in recycling means that the economy can continue to flourish in a sustainable way, by reusing materials and creating jobs in order to remake and resell products.
Below you will find the key benefits of glass in the circular economy.
1. Glass is good for the environment.
2. Glass is 100% recyclable, again and again.
3. The majority of glass gets recycled – let’s make it 100%!
4. Glass is Europe’s favourite packaging!
5. Half of the glass bottles we consume are made only 300km away.
6. The glass industry maintains 125,000 jobs.
7. €9.5 Billion is contributed to the EU GDP every year through the glass industry.
8. Lighter than in previous years.
To know more, please visit www.feve.org.