8 FACTS ABOUT GLASS & CIRCULAR ECONOMY WORTH KNOWING
The circular economy begins again as it ends. Glass is the perfect example of this when we think of the physical transformation from sand - to glass - to sand again, through the process of recycling.
Let us think about how this fits into the European economy. Glass is recycled and produced locally by manufacturing plants rooted in local communities which means that it is able to provide some 125,000 local and diversified job opportunities throughout Europe.
In other words, partaking in recycling means that the economy can continue to flourish in a sustainable way, by reusing materials and creating jobs in order to remake and resell products.
Below you will find the key benefits of glass in the circular economy.
1. Glass is good for the environment.
2. Glass is 100% recyclable, again and again.
3. The majority of glass gets recycled – let’s make it 100%!
4. Glass is Europe’s favourite packaging!
5. Half of the glass bottles we consume are made only 300km away.
6. The glass industry maintains 125,000 jobs.
7. €9.5 Billion is contributed to the EU GDP every year through the glass industry.
8. Lighter than in previous years.
To know more, please visit www.feve.org.