What happens to my glass after it’s recycled?
Give your glass a new life – and help Leeds recycle more glass. Be a recycling hero!
From Sat 22 April until Sat 6 May you’ll be able to recycle bottles and jars at Marks & Spencer’s Moortown store on Harrogate Road. Look for the decorated glass banks in the car park.
To celebrate the special glass banks, Friends of Glass are giving away Apple iPad Mini 2s to FIVE glass recycling heroes. Simply share a photo of you being a #RecyclingHero at ANY Leeds glass bank to be in with a chance of winning.
How to enter:
• Simply take a selfie or a photo of your family/friends recycling at any Leeds glass recycling bank.
• Post it on Instagram or Facebook with #RecyclingHero and tag @FriendsofGlassUK
• The five best photos will be chosen to win an Apple iPad Mini 2 after the closing date, Mon 8 May 2017.*
Did You Know?
• Your nearest glass bank is closer than you think – to find out where download the Leeds Bin app today
• Glass is endlessly and 100% recyclable. Simply give your bottles and jars a quick rinse and recycle at your nearest glass bank.
• All your glass packaging can be recycled into a new bottle or jar and be back on the shelf in around 30 days.
• By simply recycling glass, we can reduce harmful emissions and save raw materials.
• Last year, Leeds threw away more than 15,000 tonnes of glass bottles and jars in household bins – that’s the weight of 108 blue whales!
• Disposing of glass in household bins cost Leeds over £1.5m – money that could have been spent on other local services.
RULES *1. The organisers reserve the right to use all photos entered in future publicity. 2. Winners will be notified within 28 days; failure to claim the prize within 14 days of notification will result in it being awarded to another entry. 3. The judges’ decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into. 4. The organisers reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value at their discretion; no cash alternative will be offered.