1 Who are we?
We value your right to privacy and strive to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and more specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its national implementing legislation.
Whose personal data do we collect?
In the context of our activities (as described above), we process personal data of visitors of our website, of persons subscribing to our website
How do we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data in various ways:
- directly from you when you navigate our Friends of Glass website(s), when you complete a contact form on our Friends of Glass website(s); when you enter a contest administered by Friends of Glass; or when you register for our Friends of Glass electronic newsletter;
3 What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- Personal identification data: name, email address;
- Personal characteristics: country of residence; and affiliated organisation or company if relevant.
Anytime certain information is mandatory and other information is optional, this shall be clearly indicated as such.
4 For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the administration of the subscribers to our Friends of Glass website and social media channels;
- for the management of our website(s) and social media channels;
- for the organisation of contests administered by Friends of Glass;
- for marketing purposes, i.e. for our electronic mailings (if you had subscribed to them);
For your perfect information, you can find hereinafter the legal grounds applicable to these processing activities:
- for the processing of your personal data for electronic direct marketing purposes (sending our electronic newsletter), we rely upon your opt-in consent. Only if you have unambiguously stated that you would like to receive our electronic newsletter (you are entirely free to do this), we will register you for our electronic mailings.
Note that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, free of charge, and without this having any negative implications for you. You may do so by writing to Friends of Glass – to the attention of FEVE, Louizalaan 89, letter box 4, 1050 Brussels, Belgium, or to the following email address email@example.com.
- in all other cases, the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests (i.e. the interest of keeping records of the persons subscribing to our website, of improving the content and quality of our website and enhancing a better compatibility of our website to the interests, needs and desires of its users,
With whom do we share your personal data?
With our service providers (‘processors’):
In the context of our activities as described above, we may share your personal data with third parties, in particular with service providers (IT/cloud service providers, PR/marketing agencies who organise mailing campaigns for us, and that act as our ‘processors’.
With government authorities:
Furthermore, we may share your personal data with the government, police authorities or the judiciary in case we have a legal obligation to do so.We will implement appropriate safeguards when transferring your personal data to third parties. If necessary, we will for example conclude a data transfer or a processing agreement specifying the limitations to the use of your personal data and the obligations with respect to the security of your personal data.
Your personal data and your profile will not be lent or sold to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior explicit consent.
5 How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which we process them (as listed above). Afterwards it is still possible that they can be found in our back-ups or archives, but they will no longer be actively processed in a file.
More specifically, the following retention guidelines are applied by us:
- the personal data used for the administration of the subscribers to our website are retained for as long as your membership lasts. As soon as we note that your personal data are no longer accurate or active, or whenever you decide to use your right to erasure of your personal data, we will no longer keep your personal data for this purpose;
- any personal data used for marketing purposes will be retained for as long as we are sending you relevant mailings. As soon as we note that your contact details are no longer accurate or active, or whenever you decide to use your unsubscribe right, we will no longer keep your personal data for these purposes;
Only where we are legally obliged to, or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings (e.g. in case of a dispute), we will store the personal data for longer periods.
More information on our retention periods is available upon simple request.
6 How do we protect your personal data?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures for ensuring a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified.
We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Further, we seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. In view thereof, we kindly request you to inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
More information on our protection measures is available upon simple request.
7 What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have (under certain conditions, as explained in more details on the Belgian Privacy Commission’s website: https://www.privacycommission.be/nl/algemene-verordening-gegevensbescherming-burger) the right to:
- information about and access to your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organisation.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission / Data Protection Authority relating to the processing of your personal data by us.
We aim to respond as quickly as possible to your requests or questions. We might request a proof of identity in advance in order to double-check your request.
We use certain cookies, web beacons and social media plug-ins on our website. Some of them are essential to make our website work, others serve to provide you a better, faster and safer user experience.
A cookie is a small file that includes a small quantity of information sent to the browser of the website user by a web server and stored on the hard disk drive of the computer for archiving purposes. Certain parts of the Website runs on the basis of profile information recorded in the cookies.
In addition, we use web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that make it possible to count the number of visitors to a particular website and provide access to certain cookies. They help us analyse the effectiveness of our website.
9 How can you manage / delete these cookies?
All major internet browsers offer the option to manage the cookies that were installed on your computer or mobile device.
In case you do not wish that this website places cookies on your computer or mobile device, you may limit or delete these easily by adjusting you mobile or browser settings. In addition, you can set your mobile or browser settings in such a way that you get a notification every time you receive a cookie on your computer or mobile device, so that you can decide whether you wish to accept this cookie or not.
Please note that when you disable certain cookies of which we are making use, the possibility exists that certain parts of our website will no longer function properly and you will no longer enjoy an optimal user experience.