Why 5,000 year-old glass is still wine’s best friend
We love new things at Friends of Glass – but did you know that just by being told something is new can distort how people feel about something?
It’s the season of hosting, and what better way to entertain your nearest and dearest than with a Friends of Glass Christmas cocktail. Get in the festive spirit by making this fantastic cocktail by our brilliant Friends of Glass Ambassador Jane Peyton, the UK’s first Beer Sommelier of the Year (2014-2015).
This simple recipe only requires 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time. It can be served warm/mulled or cold in a long tulip glass or a ‘snifter’ glass, as shown in the picture. Soothing, warming and oh so moreish! This cocktail is a must try for the party season.
– 1 x 500 ml bottle of London Velvet (a blend of porter beer and cider – available nationwide from Morrisons). If London Velvet is not available use 200 ml of porter and 300 ml of medium dry cider
– Add a sprinkle of smoked paprika
– If serving mulled, gently warm the drink on the hob
– Serve in a tulip or snifter glass
– Garnish with a cinnamon stick as a stirrer
– Accompany with a couple of slices of crisp smoked apple to nibble on (sprinkle the apple with smoked paprika too if desired)
Photo Credit: Lucy Williams
Drinkaware: Friends of Glass supports responsible drinking