#friendsofglass cookery evening at the Wrenkh Cooking Salon in Vienna
Austrian food bloggers are #friendsofglass
The registration procedure has been completed. From now we will keep you updated with all Friends of Glass activities and achievements.
Click on one of the icons to join us:
We've sent an email to your address. Please confirm this subscription by clicking on the link in the e-mail. Only one more step to go!
Please check out your e-mail account if you already received a confirm mail for subscribing Friends of Glass.
It’s also the perfect partner for your pantry. While fresh ingredients have to be used quickly to avoid spoilage, when they’re bought and stored in glass packaging, it helps to extend the shelf life of your favourite flavours, keeping them ready to use nearly year round. That means you can buy your ingredients now – and use them later!
Here are some delicious ideas on how you can enjoy a few savoury staples from summer harvests – whether it be winter, spring, or autumn.
Jar of Artichoke Hearts
Artichokes are great to add some Mediterranean flavour to your kitchen – and recipes with them are so simple, quick and easy!
1. Make a quick and easy spaghetti dish by cooking some spaghetti, and then stirring in some drained and chopped artichokes from a jar.
2. Combine the artichokes with some spinach, mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese and lots of black pepper, before playing it into the oven (190 degrees Celsius) for 15 – 20 minutes to make a delicious dip to serve with pita bread or tortilla chips.
3. Make a delicious crostini by toasting some bread. Then spread with ricotta, add artichokes and season with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Jar of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes can add a delicious dose of sunshine to your meals.
1. Blend some sun-dried tomatoes and the oil from the jar with some garlic, salt, pepper and basil in a food processor. Empty the processor into a large bowl, stir in some Parmesan cheese, and add cooked pasta for an easy and delicious meal.
2. Add your own twist to pesto by making your own: combine your jar of sun-dried tomatoes with cheese (1/2 cup of Romano or Parmesan cheese), basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Gradually add olive oil until the mixture becomes a smooth paste – and you’re done!
3. Use your jar of sun-dried tomatoes as stuffing for chicken: together with Feta and herbs to create a tangy and savoury filling for baked chicken.
Jar of Olives
A jar of olives can be very versatile – there are so many ways you can use it in your kitchen.
1. Home-made tapenade: chop up some pitted olives and some garlic and process until smooth. Add olive oil and lemon juice to taste. And voila! A flavoursome and easy-to-make dip for your next snack.
2. Make a delicious, Mediterranean marinade for your next chicken dinner by throwing together some sliced olives, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasoning.
3. Stuff some scooped out tomatoes with minced garlic, sliced olives, lemon juice, chopped tomato and herbs, and you’ve got yourself a light lunch or starter.
Jar of Pesto
Pesto is one of those ingredients that everyone has at home and is a delightful complement to so many different foods.
1. For some delicious mozzarella and red pepper toasts, toast some bread lightly on one side before placing a piece of mozzarella, some grilled pepper and a teaspoon of pesto on the un-toasted side (season well with salt and pepper). Then place under the grill and wait until the cheese starts bubbling.
2. Make a tomato and basil tart by spreading a jar of pesto on some puff pastry (don’t cover the borders), and then adding tomatoes on top. Season well with salt and pepper, and place into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix some mayonnaise and pesto together in a bowl. Add some shredded, cooked chicken, and you have yourself a nice filling for your next sandwich.